Monday, 28 January 2013

The moment when metaphores makes sense

The power of thinking excites me. It gives me headache, but it's fun.
Thinking creates the urge to read. Read creates excitement of gaining knowledge.

When did I get the interest to think... Hrrrm let me think.... Well being pampered in school for two years just helped a little bit on my views on the world. Well y'know being in a boarding school, the school itself is your country and the people who associate there are the rakyats. Well, that's just what I assume school is. And yeah, somehow I think that the Head Prefect is the Prime Minister.

Well, I'm 17.

Being in boarding school, again, did not really develop on my way of thinking. Okay we have the source, the internet. But where do we surf, yes, Facebook, blogs, twitter etc. We don't see the significance of opening the news website or intellectual blogs. However  to me that is okay as we're just students back then, our job is to excel the examination of Sijil Paling M..... you name it.

My debate teacher had exposed to us on how important on thinking differently, and unfortunately, I was not thinking deep enough. Well, again, I think Sijil Paling M... is the most important thing and reading is not as important as scoring an A in exams. Lol.

How silly I am.

You know, when you performed in a certain level, I believe that Allah will put us at a stage where we would go to a place where we deserved. If you work harder, u deserved that place. But "that" place is all in Allah's decision and yeah, beyond our prediction. Uncertainties.

Then I moved into college. I meet great minds. They're good, new and exciting facts just flow out of their mouth like a river, its continuous. Voila, I'm amazed. Where do they have this ability?

Are they gifted? Perhaps.

Let's just put aside the 'gifted' aspect, I would like to view this as " how curiosity develops thinking ".
When we asked toooo many questions, where when how why , you know where you could get the answer, reading. By that, that creates an urgency to read.

I'm just starting my reading like two months ago and it showed positive results. Somehow when something happens, I know why is it happening instead of ignoring it.

What type of book to read? If you ask me, non-fiction books. It depends on every people, they have their own interest. I respect their own reasons on having that genre but I have my own solid good reasons. If we're in discussions, let say, with friends about serious matter. To me people will agree with the opinion that is told by a person who knows it and experienced it well enough. Are you going to discuss about love and decide which is the best solution based on the which love story is the most romantic? Well, no. That's just absurd.

Keep on thinking. Keep on reading. Keep on discussing.
As we're young, we're not puppets who always give in but never digest.
We're the ones who digest and produce the best solution and comments.

Unfortunately, living in fantasy seems to good to be true. Sigh


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll keep on reading! And yeah thinking too! Update more okay? ^^

    ReplyDelete